Monday, August 27, 2007

Journaling - Your Life Story




I'm excited about the journaling project Pastor Mike asked us to embark on for the school calendar year. Journaling helps our spiritual progress in many ways.


Last May I was going through some difficult things. Before when I had journaled, I tended to stop during the times of real stress or disappointments in life. It seemed to make it too real to write it all down. But this time I really felt the Spirit of God directing me to write through the things that hurt my heart. A few months later I can now look back and see how God really used journaling as a way of healing hurts, seeing new Biblical insights and understanding God's heart better. There is something about writing that crystalizes thoughts for me. Now I understand why journaling is included as a "Spiritual Discipline." Like all disciplines, they take some effort, but the rewards are so totally worth the energy and time.

Our whole church is starting a journaling project. It is called "Endurance." I urge you and challenge you to join us. Journals are available at the church office. To help defray printing cost, people are donating $5. But if that is a problem at this time in your life, we would be happy to give you a journal. Happy writing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I have been journaling a bit through my cancer journey even when it hurts and I know that this has helped me clarify my relationship with God and my loved ones...

Unknown said...

Sandie,
Thank you for sharing. Your positive attitude and shining love for God all through your cancer journey has been a real encouragement to us all.