Monday, June 11, 2007

Already Excited

The Autumn Women’s Retreat is still over three months away…but I am already excited. There is just something about getting a glimpse of what is in the heart of God for us that fills me with anticipation.

In a phenomenal short passage in Exodus 33, we find the Lord speaking with Moses “face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.” After some discussion about the waywardness of the people and some pleading on the part of Moses, the Lord tells him “my presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.” Then Moses asks for something else: “I pray You, show me Your glory!” The Lord explained that no one could see His face and live, but that He would pass by Moses, hiding him in a cleft of a rock, and keeping His hand over him until He passed by…then He will take his hand away and Moses could see His back… a glimpse of His glory.

It is so much the heart of God to desire that His people draw close to Him and just spend time in praise, in worship, and just getting to know and understand Him better. And when we make it our desire to focus on Him and seek Him, His very presence can melt away so much of what troubles or concerns us in our lives. It is written in Psalm 73:16-17a, “When I pondered to understand this, it was troublesome in my sight until I came into the sanctuary of God…” “Sanctuary” is a synonym for “retreat”. It is in the putting aside of our daily cares and focusing on God that changes our perspective. Just getting a glimpse of God’s heart for us…I can’t wait.

There are other facets to the retreat – great food, some time of lighthearted fun…but all of that is built around the anticipation of seeking Him. I am so looking forward to this time at TLC, September 28th – 30th. I hope you will be able to join us. Specific sign up information will be coming out shortly. The theme of the retreat is “A Costly Pearl: Seeking Jesus as our Finest Treasure.” I hope to see you there.

No comments: